Could Layalat al Qadr be on an Even Night?

I have reported earlier that Layalat Al Qadr appeared in Jordan on the 24th of Ramadan and many of my friends laughed at this thought.  I have seen Layalat Al Qadr every year since arriving in Jordan and am well aware of how the sun looks the next morning.  As I tried to explain to a group of my friends at the mosque that it is possible to have layalat al Qadr on an even night, they all quoted the hadith that is known by many.

So tonight I searched for evidence of what I am saying:  Here is what a sheik says in a very well known book:

The third point to which attention is drawn is that Layalat Al Qadr should be sought among the 9th, 7th and 5th.  By reading this in conjunction with the other ahadith, we come to know that this refers to the last 10 nights of Ramadan.  So which nights are these?  If we start from the 20th, counting up, then these three nights are on the 25th, 27th and 29th.  If on the other hand we start counting formthe 29th down, where Ramadan has 29 days these nights are the 21st, 23rd and 25th.  And in the case where the month has 30 days, it would be the 22nd, 24th and 26th.

There are some who disagree with this explanation, but some sahabah reported such as Ibn Abbas to have seen Layalat al Qadr on the 24th.  Allah knows Best. I say to each one of you to search for Layalat al qadr in the last 10 nights so we will not be tested and lose this precious night.